新浪博客

Mom Knows Best

2014-11-12 17:19阅读:
Mom Knows Best
妈妈最了解

When I was a tiny baby crying all night, my mom sang to me and stayed by my side.
当我是个小宝宝整夜哭闹的时候,妈妈依偎在我身旁,唱歌送我入梦乡。
When I was tired and hungry, she gave me food and warm arms to sleep in.
当我累了饿了的时候,妈妈给我食物和休憩的温暖怀抱。
When I was two running through the field, she made sure I was safe and kept me from danger.
当我两岁在田野里奔跑的时候,她确保我的安全,让我远离危险。
When I fell and hurt myself, she gave me a hug and lifted me up.
当我摔倒受伤的时候,她给我拥抱,扶我站好。

When I was seven coughing badly, she said no ice-cream for me.
七岁的我剧烈咳嗽,她说我不该吃冰激凌。
But I talked back loudly, “I should be allowed to eat some! Give it to me now!”
我却大声反驳,“应该允许我吃一些!现在就给我!”
When I was nine watching scary movies, she said it’d give me awful dreams.
九岁的我看恐怖电影,她说电影会带给我噩梦。
But I shouted back angrily, “I should be allowed to watch it! I’m not a baby!”
我却愤怒地回应,“应该允许我看!我不是小孩!”

When I was a teen going out with friends, she said, “Please be
back by ten!”
青少年的我和朋友外出闲逛,她说,“请在十点之前回来!”
But I talked back again — “I should not be told what to do! I’m seventeen now!”
我却再次顶嘴——“不需要你告诉我什么该不该!我已经17岁了!”

Now I’m an adult, thinking back to those times.
现在我已长大成人,回想那过去的时光。
I coughed for days after eating that ice-cream
吃了冰激凌让我咳嗽不止
And had scary dreams after watching that film.
看了恐怖电影让我噩梦连连。
I was late for school from staying out past ten.
上学迟到只因10点还在外游荡。
I regret talking back, not listening to Mom.
我真后悔呀!后悔不该顶嘴,后悔没听妈妈的忠告。
Mom knows best, and for me she wanted only the best!
妈妈最了解(孩子),她只是想怎样对我最好!




诗歌中的知识点:
1. crying all night是一个现在分词短语,用在名词baby后面作定语,起修饰名词的作用。诗中运用了排比的修辞手法,因此,现在分词(短语)作后置定语的现象在文中出现了多次。
2. cry v.哭;喊叫 cry – cried - cried
3. tiny adj.极小的;微小的 tiny – tinier – tiniest
4. sing to sb. 唱歌给某人听
5. stay by my side 陪伴在我身边
6. run though the field 在田野里奔跑
7. keep me from danger 让我远离危险
8. give me a hug 给我一个拥抱
9. lift me up 举起我
lift v.举起;抬起 n.电梯;搭便车
lift the phone拿起电话 lift the hand 举起手
take the lift 搭电梯 give sb. a lift 让某人搭便车
10. badly 严重地;差;非常
11. talk back 短语动词,相当于汉语的回嘴,顶嘴,后用介词to 接入顶嘴的对象
12. give me awful dreams 让我做噩梦
13. by ten 不迟于10点,10点之前
14. think back to 回想起
15. regret doing sth. 表示对过去所做之事“悔恨,后悔,懊悔”

诗歌欣赏:纸 船——寄母亲

纸 船——寄母亲
作者:冰心
我从不肯妄弃了一张纸,
总是留着——留着,
叠成一只一只很小的船儿,
从舟上抛下在海里。
有的被天风吹卷到舟中的窗里,
有的被海浪打湿,沾在船头上。
我仍是不灰心地每天叠着,
总希望有一只能流到我要它到的地方去。
母亲,倘若你梦中看见一只很小的白船儿,
不要惊讶它无端入梦。
这是你至爱的女儿含着泪叠的,
万水千山,求它载着她的爱和悲哀归去。

朗诵视频推荐:搜狐网站(鞠萍)


歌曲欣赏:Mama—Spice Girls
Mama
Spice Girls

She used to be my only enemy and never let me be free
她曾经是我最大的敌人,处处限制我的自由
Catching me in places that I knew I shouldn't be
当我在一些不良场合玩的时候总会被她逮到
Every other day I crossed the line
有一天我终于犯了大错
I didn't mean to be so bad (harmony)
其实并不是我的本意
I never thought you would become the friend I never had
我从没想过你会变成我唯一的朋友
Back then I didn't know why
回来之后不知道为什么
Why you were misunderstood (Mama)
为什么我会误会你,妈妈
So now I see through your eyes
现在我看着你的眼睛
All that you did was love
我所能看到的,只有爱
Mama I love you
妈妈,我爱你
Mama I care
妈妈,我关心你
Mama I love you
妈妈,我爱你
Mama my friend
妈妈,我的朋友
You're my friend
你是我的朋友
Mama I love you.....
妈妈我爱你
I didn't want to hear it then but
过去我把你的教导当耳旁风
I'm not ashamed to say it now
但是现在我可以自豪地说
Every little thing you said and did was right for me
你说的每句话都是对的,都是对我好的
I had a lot of time to think about
我现在经常会回想
about the way I used to be
过去的行径
Never had a sense of my responsibility
完全是对自己不负责任
but now I'm sure I know why (I know why)
但是现在我确信我知道为什么(我知道为什么)
why you were misunderstood
为什么我会误会你
So now I see through your eyes
所以现在我看着你的眼睛
all I can give you is love (all I can give you is love)
我所能给你的也只有爱(我所能给你的也只有爱)

我的更多文章

下载客户端阅读体验更佳

APP专享