李白 《长干行》英译
2008-06-14 10:13阅读:
艾兹拉·庞德(1885-1972),美国著名诗人兼评论家.'意象主义'一词由他首先使用,是英美现代派诗歌的奠基人之一,一些著名诗人如艾略特,叶芝等都曾受过他的影响.第一次世界大战后,迁居巴黎。二次大战期间他公开支持法西斯主义,战争结束后,他被美军逮捕,押回本土等候受审。后因医生证明他精神失常,再加上海明威和弗罗斯特等名人的奔走说项,他只被关入一家精神病院。1958年,庞德结束了12年的精神病院监禁,重返意大利居住,直至去世。
他翻译了中国唐代诗人李白的诗《长干行》,这首译诗在西方文学界影响很大,被推选为优秀译文之一,并在西方被广泛阅读。
《长干行》
THE RIVER-MERCHANT'S WIFE
妾发初覆额,折花门前剧;
While my hair was still cut straight across my forehead,I played
about the front gate, pulling flowers.
郎骑竹马来,绕床弄青梅。
You came by on bamboo stilts, playing horse,You walked about my
seat, playing with blue plums.
同居长干里,两小无嫌猜。
And we went on living in the village of Chokan,Two small people,
without dislike or suspicion.
十四为君妇,羞颜未尝开。
At forteen I married My Lord you.I never laughed, being
bashful.
低头向暗壁,千唤不一回。
Lowering my head, I looked at the wall.Called to, a thousand times,
I never looked back.
十五始展眉,愿同尘与灰。
At fifteen I stopped scowling,I desired my dust to be mingled with
yours.
常存抱柱信,岂上望夫台。
Forever and forever and forever.Why should I climb the look
out?
十六君远行,瞿塘滟滪堆。
At sixteen you departed,You went into far Ku-to-en, by the river
ofrling eddies,
五月不可触,猿声天上哀。
And you have been gone five months.The monkeys make sorrowful noise
overhead.
门前迟行迹,一一生绿苔。
You dragged your feet when you went out.By the gate now, the moss
is grown, the different mosses,
苔深不能扫,落叶秋风早。
Too deep to clear them away!The leaves fall early this autumn, in
wind.
八月蝴蝶黄,双飞西园草。
The paired butterflies are already yellow with August ,Over the
grass in the West garden;
感此伤妾心,坐愁红颜老!
They hurt me. I grow older.
早晚下三巴,预将书报家。
If you are coming down through the narrows of the river
Kiang,Please let me know beforehand,
相迎不道远,直至长风沙。
And I will come out to meet you As far as
Cho-fu-Sa.