新浪博客

泰戈尔《园丁集》

2008-11-20 22:39阅读:
7
O mother, the young Prince is to pass by our door, ——how can I attend to my work this morning?
  呵,母亲,年轻的王子要从我们门前走过,——今天早晨我哪有心思干活呢?
  Show me how to braid up my hair; tell me what garment to put on.
  教给我怎样挽发;告诉我应该穿哪件衣裳。
  Why do you look at me amazed, mother?
  你为什么惊讶地望着我呢,母亲?
  I know well he will not glance up once at my window; I know he will pass out of my sight in the twinkling of an eye; only the vanishing strain of the flute will come sobbing to me from afar.
  我深知他不会仰视我的窗户;我知道一刹那间他就要走出我的视线以外;只有那残电的笛声将从远处向我呜咽。
  But the young Prince will pass by our door, and I will put on my best for the moment.
  但是那年轻的王子将从我们门前走过,这时节我要穿上我最好的衣裳。
  O mother, the young Prince did pass by our door, and the morning sun flashed from his chariot.
  呵,母亲,年轻的王子已经从我们门前走过了,从他的车辇里射出朝日的金光。
  I swept aside the veil from my face, I tore the ruby chain from my neck and flung it in his path.
  我从脸上掠开面纱,我从颈上扯下
红玉的颈环,扔在他走来的路上。
  Why do you look at me amazed, mother?
  你为什么惊讶地望着我呢,母亲?
  I know well he did not pick up my chain; I know it was crushed under his wheels leaving a red stain upon the dust, and no one knows what my gift was nor to whom.
  我深知他没有拾起我的颈环;我知道它在他的轮下碾碎了,在尘土上留下了红斑,
  But the young Prince did pass by our door, and I flung the jewel from my breast before his path.
  但是那年轻的王子曾经从我们门前走过,我也曾经把我胸前的珍宝丢在他走来的路上了。


21
  Why did he choose to come to my door, the wandering youth, when the day dawned?
  他为什么特地来到我的门前,这年轻的游子,当天色黎明的时候?
  As I come in and out I pass by him every time, and my eyes are caught by his face.
  每次我进出经过他的身旁,我的眼睛总被他的面庞所吸引。
  I know not if I should speak to him or keep silent. Why did he choose to come to my door.
  我不知道我是应该同他说话还是保持沉默。他为什么特地到我门前来呢?
  The cloudy nights in July are dark; the sky is soft blue in the autumn; the spring days are restless with the south wind.
  七月的阴夜是黑沉的;秋日的天空是浅蓝的,南风把春天吹得骀荡不宁。
  He weaves his songs with fresh tunes every time.
  他每次用新调编着新歌。
  I turn from my work and my eyes fill with the mist. Why did he choose to come my door?
  我放下活计眼里充满雾水。他为什么特地到我门前来呢?


34
  Do not go, my love, without asking my leave.
  不要不辞而别,我爱。
  I have watched all night, and now my eyes are heavy with sleep.
  我看望了一夜,现在我脸上睡意重重。
  I fear lest I lose you when I am sleeping.
  只恐我在睡中把你丢失了。
  Do not go, my love, without asking my leave.
  不要不辞而别,我爱。
  I start up and stretch my hands to touch you. I ask myself, 'Is it a dream?'
  我惊起伸出双手去摸触你,我问自己说:'这是一个梦么?'
  Could I but entangle your feet with my heart and hold them fast to my breast!
  但愿我能用我的心系住你的双足,紧抱在胸前!
  Do not go, my love, without asking my leave.
不要不辞而别,我爱。


45
  To the guests that must go bid God's speed and brush away all traces of their steps.
  对那些定要离开的客人们,求神帮他们快走,并且扫掉他们所有的足迹。
  Take to your bosom with a smile what is easy and simple and near.
  把舒服的、单纯的、亲近的微笑着一起抱在你的怀里。
  To-day is the festival of phantoms that know not when they die.
  今天是幻影的节日,他们不知道自己的死期。
  Let your laughter be but a meaningless mirth like twinkles of light on the ripples.
  让你的笑声只作为无意义的欢乐,像浪花上的闪光。
  Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf.
  让你的生命像露珠在叶尖一样,在时间的边缘上轻轻跳舞。
  Strike in chords from your harp fitful momentary rhythms.
  在你的琴弦上弹出无定的暂时的音调吧。


49
  I hold her hands and press her to my breast.
  我握住她的手把她抱紧在胸前。
  I try to fill my arms with her loveliness, to plunder her sweet smile with kisses, to drink her dark glances with my eyes.
  我想以她的爱娇来填满我的怀抱,用亲吻来偷劫她的甜笑,用我的眼睛来吸饮她的深黑的一瞥。
  Ah, but, where is it? Who can strain the blue from the sky?
  呵,但是,它在哪里呢?谁能从天空滤出蔚蓝呢?
  I try to grasp the beauty, it eludes me, leaving only the body in my hands.
  我想去把握美;它躲开我,只有躯体留在我的手里。
  Baffled and weary I come back.
  失望而困乏地,我回来了。
  How can the body touch the flower which only the spirit may touch?
  躯体哪能触到那只有精神才能触到的花朵呢?


51
  Then finish the last song and let us leave.
  那么唱完最后一支歌就让我们走吧。
  Forget this night when the night is no more.
  当这夜过完就把这夜完掉。
  Whom do I try to clasp in my arms? Dreams can never be made captive.
  我想把谁紧抱在臂里呢?梦是永不会被捉住的。
  My eager hands press emptiness to my heart and it bruises my breast.
  我渴望的双手把'空虚'紧压在我心上,压碎了我的胸膛。


52
  Why did the lamp go out?
  灯为什么熄了呢?
  I shaded it with my cloak to save it from the wind, that is why the lamp went out.
  我用斗篷遮住它怕它被风吹灭,因此灯熄了。
  Why did the flower fade?
  花为什么谢了呢?
  I pressed it to my heart with anxious love, that is why the flower faded.
  我的热恋的爱把它紧压在我的心上,因此花谢了。
  Why did the stream dry up?
  泉为什么干了呢?
  I put a dam across it to have it for my use, that is why the stream dried up.
  我盖起一道堤把它拦起给我使用,因此泉干了。
  Why did the harp-string break?
  琴弦为什么断了呢?
  I tried to force a note that was beyond its power, that is why the harp-string is broken.
  我强弹一个它力不能胜的音节,因此琴弦断了。
58
  One morning in the flower garden a blind girl came to offer me a flower chain in the cover of a lotus leaf.
  有一天早晨,一个盲女来献给我一串盖在荷叶下的花环。
  I put it round my neck, and tears came to my eyes.
  我把它挂在颈上,泪水涌上我的眼睛。
  I kissed her and said, 'You are blind even as the flowers are.
  我吻了它,说:'你和花朵一样地盲目。'
  'You yourself know not how beautiful is your gift.'
  '你自己不知道你的礼物是多么美丽。'


61
  Peace, my heart, let the time for the parting be sweet.
  安静吧,我的心,让别离的时间甜柔吧。
  Let it not be a death but completeness.
  让它不是个死亡,而是圆满。
  Let love melt into memory and pain into songs.
  让爱恋融入记忆,痛苦融入诗歌吧。
  Let the flight through the sky end in the folding of the wings over the nest.
  让穿越天空的飞翔在巢上敛翼中终止。
  Let the last touch of your hands be gentle like the flower of the night.
  让你双手的最后的接触,像夜中的花朵一样温柔。
  Stand still, O Beautiful End, for a moment, and say your last words in silence.
  站住一会吧,呵,'美丽的结局',用沉默说出最后的话语吧。
  I bow you and hold up my lamp to light you on your way.
  我向你鞠躬,举起我的灯来照亮你的归途。


62
  In the dusky path of a dream I went to seek the love who was mine in a former life.
  在梦境的朦胧小路上,我去寻找我前生的爱。
  Her house stood at the end of a desolate street.
  她的房子是在冷静的街尾。
  In the evening breeze her pet peacock sat drowsing on its perch, and the pigeons were silent in their corner.
  在晚风中,她爱养的孔雀在架上昏睡,鸽子在自己的角落里沉默着。
  She set her lamp down by the portal and stood before me.
  她把灯放在门边,站在我面前。
  She raised her large eyes to my face and mutely asked, 'Are you well, my friend?'
  她抬起一双大眼望着我的脸,无言地问道:'你好么,我的朋友?'
  I tried to answer, but our language had been lost and forgotten.
  我想回答,但是我们的语言迷失而又忘却了。
  I thought and thought; our names would not come to my mind.
  我想来想去,怎么也想不起我们叫什么名字。
  Tears shone in her eyes. She held up her right hand to me. I took it and stood silent.
  眼泪在她眼中闪光,她向我伸出右手。我握住她的手静默地站着。
  Our lamp had flickered in the evening breeze and died.
  我们的灯在晚风中颤摇着熄灭了。


75
  At midnight the would-be ascetic announced:
  夜半,那个自称的苦行人宣告说:
  'This is the time to give up my home and seek for God. Ah, who has held me so long in delusion here?'
  '弃家求神的时候到了。呵,谁把我牵住在妄想里这么久呢?'
  God whispered, 'I,' but the ears of the man were stopped.
  神低声道:'是我。'但是这个人的耳朵是塞住的。
  With a baby asleep at her breast lay his wife, peacefully sleeping on one side of the bed.
  他的妻子和吃奶的孩子一同躺着,安静地睡在床的那边。
  The man said, 'Who are you that have fooled me so long?'
  这个人说:'什么人把我骗了这么久呢?'
  The voice said again, 'They are God,' but he heard if not.
  声音又说:'是神。'但是他听不见。
  The baby cried out in its dream, nesting close to its mother.
  婴儿在梦中哭了,挨向他的母亲。
  God commanded, 'Stop, fool, leave not thy home,' but still he heart not.
  神命令说:'别走,傻子,不要离开你的家。'但是他还是听不见。
  God sighed and complained, 'Why does my servant wander to seek me, forsaking me?'
  神叹息又委屈地说:'为什么我的仆人要把我丢下,而到处去找我呢?'


76
  The fire was on before the temple.
  庙前的集会正在进行。
  It had rained from the early morning and the day came to its end.
  从一早起就下雨,这一天快过尽了。
  Brighter than all the gladness of the crowd was the bright smile of a girl who bought for a farthing a whistle of palm leaf.
  比一切群众的欢乐还光辉的,是一个花一文钱买到一个棕叶哨子的小女孩的光辉的微笑。
  The shrill joy of that whistle floated above all laughter and noise.
  哨子的尖脆欢乐的声音,在一切笑语喧哗之上飘浮。
  An endless throng of people came and jostled together. The road was muddy, the river in flood, the field under water in ceaseless rain.
  无尽的人流挤在一起,路上泥泞,河水在涨,雨在不停地下着,田地都没在水里。
  Greater than all the troubles of the crowd was a little boy's trouble——he had not a farthing to buy a painted stick.
  比一切群众的烦恼更深的,是一个小男孩的烦恼——他连买那根带颜色的小棍的一文钱都没有。
  His wistful eyes gazing at the shop made this whole meeting of men so pitiful.
  他苦闷的眼睛望着那间小店,使得这整个人类的集会变成可悲悯的。

曾经觉得诗歌离我太远了,突然心血来潮,借了本泰戈尔《园丁集》。不亏是诺贝尔的获奖者,写的真好,虽然这不是他最经典的创作,但是还是深深的打动了我。诗人的内心是细腻的,总能用丝丝的言语感动我们。
不得不说,冰心的翻译真的是很好,我努力的去看着英文,但是因为水平有限,虽然可以看懂,但是对比一下冰心的翻译,意境就完全不同了,如果有一天我能够有她的翻译水平该有多好啊,是个梦,遥不可及的梦!!!
选了几篇我最喜欢的诗,They really touched my heart!!!

我的更多文章

下载客户端阅读体验更佳

APP专享