小王子中英对照翻译chapter01
2014-12-13 08:42阅读:
To Leon Werth 小王子英语版
I ask the indulgence of the children who may read this book for
dedicating it to a grown-up.
我祈求孩子们原谅我把这本书献给大人
I have a serious reason: he is the best friend I have in the
world.
最重要的原因是他是我在这个世界上最好的朋友
I have another reason: this grown-up understands
everything
even books about children.
还有一个原因:这些大人能明白所有的事情,包括给孩子们的书
I have a third reason: he lives in France where he is hungry and
cold.
第三,他住在法国,那里很冷,也很贫瘠
He needs cheering up.
他需要开心起来
If all these reasons are not enough
如果上述这些原因都还不够的话
I will dedicate the book to the child from whom this grown-up grew.
我将把这本书奉献给他抚养的孩子
All grown-ups were once children-- although few of them remember
it. And so I correct my dedication:
所有的大人曾经都是小孩,尽管很少有人会记起。在此,我要更正一下我的献词:
To Leon Werth
致Leon Werth
when he was a little boy
当他还是个小男孩儿的时候
[ Chapter 1 ]
- we are introduced to the narrator
我们认识了一个人
a pilot
r> 一位飞行员
and his ideas about grown-ups
了解了他关于大人们的看法
Once when I was six years old I saw a magnificent picture in a
book
在我六岁的时候,我在书里看见了一张很漂亮的照片
called True Stories from Nature about the primeval forest.
叫做原始森林真实的自然
It was a picture of a boa constrictor in the act of swallowing an
animal.
图片中一条蟒蛇正在吞噬一只动物
Here is a copy of the drawing.
和下面的图片一样
In the book it said: 'Boa constrictors swallow their prey whole
without chewing it.
书中写到:蟒蛇直接吞噬它扑捉到的猎物
After that they are not able to move and they sleep through the six
months that they need for digestion.'
之后他们就不动了,在六个月的沉睡期间去消化食物
I pondered deeply then over the adventures of the jungle.
我仔细思考之后决定丛林冒险
And after some work with a colored pencil I succeeded in making my
first drawing. My Drawing Number One.
我用彩笔画了我的第一幅画。我的1号作品
It looked like this:
它是这样的:
I showed my masterpiece to the grown-ups and asked them whether the
drawing frightened them.
我把我的作品拿给大人们看,问他们我的作品是否吓到他们
But they answered: 'Frighten? Why should any one be frightened by a
hat?'
但是他们回答说:“可怕?为什么我们会对一顶帽子感到害怕呢?”
My drawing was not a picture of a hat.
我的画不是一顶帽子
It was a picture of a boa constrictor digesting an elephant.
它是一只蟒蛇在吞食一头大象
But since the grown-ups were not able to understand it
但是当时大人们都不明白
I made another drawing: I drew the inside of the boa constrictor so
that the grown-ups could see it clearly.
我又画了一张蟒蛇的肚子里面的图,这样大人们就能很清楚的看见他了
They always need to have things explained.
他们总是希望详细的解释
My Drawing Number Two looked like this:
我的2号作品长这样:
The grown-ups' response
那些大人们
this time was to advise me to
建议我
lay aside my drawings of boa constrictors
将我画的两张蟒蛇图画放到一边
whether from the inside or the outside and devote myself instead to
geography history arithmetic and grammar.
全身心的投入,而不只是关注表面
That is why
这就是为什么
at the age of six
6岁时
I gave up what might have been a magnificent career as a painter.
我放弃了可能成为一个伟大画家的机会
I had been disheartened by the failure of my Drawing Number One and
my Drawing Number Two.
我的1号作品和2号作品的失败让我非常泄气
Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves
大人们很少去自己理解事务
and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining
things to them.
总是孩子们在向他们解释
So then I chose another profession and learned to pilot airplanes.
所以我请教了另一位专业且自身的飞行员
I have flown a little over all parts of the world; and it is true
that geography has been very useful to me.
我飞到了世界各地,并且地理对我来说真的很有用
At a glance I can distinguish China from Arizona.
俯视一下,我就能分辨中国和亚利桑那州
If one gets lost in the night
如果一个人在夜晚迷路
such knowledge is valuable.
这些知识会帮助你
In the course of this life
在我的旅途中
I have had a great many encounters
我遇见了很多人
with a great many people who have been concerned with matters of
consequence.
他们关心很多重大问题
I have lived a great deal among grown-ups.
我和他们在一起
I have seen them intimately close at hand.
非常近距离的观察他们
And that hasn't much improved my opinion of them.
却没有改变太多任=我对他们的看法
Whenever I met one of them who seemed to me at all
clear-sighted
当我遇见一个看起来和我一样聪明的人时
I tried the experiment of showing him my Drawing Number One which I
have always kept.
我把我随身带着的1号作品和2号作品拿给他看
I would try to find out so if this was a person of true
understanding.
看看他们是不是能够真正理解
But whoever it was he or she would always say:
但是他们都说:
That is a hat.
那是一顶帽子
Then I would never talk to that person about boa constrictors
然后我就不会再和那个人讨论关于蟒蛇
or primeval forests
或原始森林
or stars.
或宇宙
I would bring myself down to his level.
那样我会让自己变得和他一样
I would talk to him about bridge
我会和他们讨论桥牌
and golf
高尔夫
and politics
政治
and neckties.
和领结
And the grown-up would be greatly pleased to have met such a
sensible man.
成人们就会因为结识一个聪明人而感到开心